Thursday 2 September 2010

Sorta-ish Last Day.

TECHNICALLY, today is the last day for all us UCSS kids are Pembroke College. We have all our finals and little things going on so it is a bit frantic at the moment. Our documentary called "Observing America" is going to be shown with all the others at 6:15 tonight. I have to say, I'm pretty proud of our group and our little film. We put a lot of work into it and I believe that anyone can enjoy it.

I've just been very sad today but trying to be positive about it. I wish this program was longer but I've had the time of my life since I've been here so I don't mind so much. It has certainly taught me a lot and awakened my desire to see more of the world and experience new cultures. I think I take after my dad in this aspect. He loves to travel and I can see why now. I'll always be grateful for this experience, thank you mom and dad!

My last "final" starts in about fifteen minutes and by final I really just mean that our British Documentary Film making class has to write an evaluation about our films. Nothing too difficult. The only thing that was stressing me out was the paper we had to write for The Science of Crime and Criminal Justice, but it was actually a bit interesting to write since I chose to write about Serial Murders.

Tonight is the last formal dinner and then some group shenanigans. Some of these people I'll most likely never see again and some I'll see around UC Irvine. It's amazing how fast five goes by.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”

No comments:

Post a Comment