Saturday 4 September 2010

We'll always have Cambridge.

So earlier today, I woke up and took all my belongings out of my room in the P staircase that I have come to known as home, and onto a train for King's Cross. I parted ways with the girls, who were headed towards Heathrow and took a taxi on my own to the hotel that my mother and I are staying at here in London.

I'm so incredibly sad that the Cambridge chapter of my life has come to an end. The last five weeks seem like an incredible blur of new experiences, people, and just insanity! This blog consists of numerous written words and pictures, but no combination of words and no single picture can depict what I've just been through. To my new friends Katie, Erika, Alexandria, Rina, Mike, Blake and Rebecca, thank you for everything and I will miss you all. Have fun wherever you may be and I hope to see you soon! To the PAs Heather, Anna, Rachael, Calum and Luke- thank you for all that you have done, these five weeks wouldn't have been nearly the same without your hard work. So thank you for going above and beyond for us silly Americans! To Andy and Charlie, you are both hilarious and I am so glad to have met you both. Thank you for your endless patience and hilarious conversation, I will miss you! This wave of emotion has been coursing through my mind and body for the past few days. It's always hard to say goodbye, and things just won't be the same. I mean, yes you might get to see some of these people back at UCI, but the context is so different. You see these people everyday, eat with them at every meal, live with them on trips and get to know so well that it's going to be different when you see them casually on campus. Some people don't go to UCI and I very much hope to see them again!

My last day was such a bittersweet one. We went punting for the last time where I pretty much failed and simply spun our boat around in circles. After a delicious lunch at a noodle cart in the middle of the Cambridge marketplace, I did some last minute souvenir shopping and went back to Pembroke. I finally visited the College Chapel on campus, which was gorgeous and took some pictures in the beautiful library. Basically, I spent most of the day packing and getting ready to leave this wonderful place. After a dinner on the Pembroke grass (shh!) and a nap (thank Benadryl) the girls congregated to say our last goodbyes to Rebecca, Rina and Blake, which was quite sad. Then it was off to hang out in Luke's F9 room for the last time. There's never a boring day.

Still, I never went back to the Fitzwilliam Museum like I wanted to, or to the Archaeology Museum. But that just means that the next time I go to Cambridge I know what to do! This whole experience has been amazing and I can't wait to come back again. Thank you all and much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment