Tuesday 3 August 2010

Americans in Cambridge.




Today was another very eventful day. Too bad the jet lag still has its iron clad grip on me! I've only been here for a couple of days but I feel like I've already been here for awhile. Not to say that I'm bored of it, but rather that I'm getting accustomed to living here and the city. Also, today was the first Psychology and the Law class which I am very much excited for. After, a friend and I did a little bit of grocery shopping (and by that we mean we looked at everything and would say OOO LOOK AT THIS!) and bought some Cambridge University paraphernalia. I've noticed that Britain is very much into recycling, reusing, and buying organic products that have been grown/made in Britain. We also tried to play croquet which was fun but would have been better if we won. They are very strict about walking on the grass here so I felt so rebellious by simply standing on the grass! After the Documentary class, we had dinner and then went on the River Cam for Punting. That's right. Punting. It was slightly terrifying at first because we almost all fell in but after our punter got the hang of it the trip was enjoyable. It was beautiful to see the backs of the Colleges from the river and for only 1.50 pounds for an hour (per person in a group of six). I would recommend it to anyone going to Cambridge because it was definitely a deal.


Did you know that the Pembroke kitchens have their own blog of what they make every day? The food here is absolutey delicious, it is high quality and healthy, very much unlike American cafeteria food (sorry Pippin).

http://thepembrokekitchen.blogspot.com/

I almost forgot to mention that last night the whole program went out clubbing at a place called Fat Poppadaddy's. Interesting name. However, while the music was upbeat, it was very much outdated. I believe I heard a lot of 80's one hit wonders, including that song "She's a brick....HOUSE!" Yeah. Not so hip. But it was part of the experience and I had fun still! Life is what you make of it so go out and embark on an adventure!

2 comments:

  1. you mean croquet? crochet is what you do to a sweater...cool pictures though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ erin's comment! hahah Fat Poppadaddy's!!!

    ReplyDelete