Friday 20 August 2010

Typical Day.






Yesterday the program and I headed out to London for a fun little day trip. Let me just say, London is not one of those "day trip" places. Not. At. All. So I'm heading back out there for the weekend with a few friends and I am very excited! We plan on doing a lot of "touristy" things, go figure and it is a very packed weekend. There is so much to do in London but so little time. The city is absolutely gigantic and it's necessary to take the tube, bus, or simply walk. There are so many museums and places to see, thank goodness I'm staying an extra five days in London after the program is over!

So we went to The British Museum, St. Paul's Cathedral (the outside), Tate Modern, and saw The Merry Wives of Windsor at The Globe Theatre. And that's literally just touching the tip of the iceberg. Wanna know how? Here's a list of common things to do and see:

Tate Modern
Tate Britain
Natural History Museum
The Globe Theatre
Natural Science Museum
Madame Tuss
Tower of London --> Crown Jewels
Tower Bridge
Bankside Gallery
Millenium Footbridge (as seen in Harry Potter)
St. Paul's Cathedral
Buckingham Palace & the changing of the guards
King's Cross Platform 9 and 3/4
Houses of Parliament
Beatles' Abbey Road
Big Ben
Westminster Abbey
Parliament Swuare
Leicester Square
Trafalgar Square
St. James Park
Hyde Park
National Potrait Gallery
National Gallery
Soho & Chinatown
Museum of London
Princess Diana Memorial Walk
London Eye
Kensington Gardens
Hamptom Court Palace
Victoria & Albert Museum
Piccadilly Circus

Those are just the big names, there are still so many more things to do! Like the Jack Ripper night tour or the Sherlock Holmes museum. It's absolutely insane. Especially because it's holiday at the moment so there are so many tourists everywhere. I think by the end of this weekend I'll be exhausted. Actually, I know I will be. But hey, it's worth it!

I'll be back in a couple of days!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me a Jack the Ripper night tour and a Sherlock Holmes tour??? I would so love to go on those!!! I'm freaking out!!

    ReplyDelete