Sunday 1 August 2010

The Beginning.





I'm here. I'm actually here in Cambridge, England. I've been wanting to visit England for as long as I can remember and now it all feels like a dream. Pembroke College is beyond amazing. The buildings are spectacularly magnificent. The city has been around for hundreds of years and has so much fascinating history. The flight over was not very fun, per usual. When you are mildly claustrophobic, being stuck in the same spot on a tiny little plane is a lot worse than it sounds. However, I felt like I aged at least five years for going through all the security and customs and handling other "adult" things. I met a guy from the program and we decided to brave it and take the train to Cambridge. Which means we took the tube (over 20 stops to King's Cross) over to the King's Cross train station where we got tickets for the train to Cambridge and once we got to Cambridge we took a bus down to St. Andrew's Street and then walked a few blocks down to Pembroke College. And let me just say, I was absolutely shocked when I walked inside. It normally holds 600 students and has beautiful grounds and the buildings are beautiful! I took pictures but it was a cloudy day as usual in the U.K and so they don't show just how beautiful everything really is.

2 comments:

  1. that looks amazing. but it looks cloudy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so that's what the tube looks like huh? lol its' cool!

    ReplyDelete