Thursday 12 August 2010

A Treasure In Cambridge.






Though I didn't do all that much yesterday, I did manage to visit the Fitzwilliam Museum which is literally right down the street from Pembroke College. It's a beautiful building on the outside but even lovelier on the inside. Sadly, there was no photography allowed inside so I can only post pictures of what I saw outside. Woe is me.

The museum had artifacts from ancient Egypt, Rome, The Far East, and much more. There was also this beautiful red room with portraits of all the famous past leaders and nobles. One of which was the Archbishop of Charles the I, who was beheaded after being given up to Parliament. There was also some other paintings by Monet, Sisley, and one by Degas. Since it is free, I definitely recommend taking a trip to the Fitzwilliam Museum.

I also did a little bit of walking around afterwards which was interesting because I realized I haven't quite seen much of Cambridge. I'll have to find the time to explore the area! Oh and today I am off with the program to go to Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespheare!

1 comment:

  1. lucky. they must have some great paintings in there...

    ReplyDelete